Angelica Grace Designs Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

ULTRASOUND IMAGES

Meet baby Seaman in his alien form at 19 weeks. :0)

He cooperated quite well for the ultrasound tech yesterday which made me a happy Mama. He even gave us a cute little foot shot below...

What I was most concerned with was making sure he showed his lil' parts so that we could learn the sex of who was in there. And like a pro...he did...

And like the pro's that all of you are, I asked for a vote on facebook yesterday evening regarding the four boys names I liked the most. Out of those four, one of them was a "maybe" in Brent's eyes. So...after you all came in droves like the good people you are to vote on the names and help us out a bit, the names have clearly been narrowed down to just two now. After well over 100 different facebook wall posts from each of you, there were two names that were neck and neck - in a tie with one another - after your votes and input. Those two names are Beckett and Kellen/Kellan. 99% of you voted for us to pick either Beckett or Kellan as our little boys name. Brent likes one of those names better than another but we are still undecided and accepting ideas. For the moment though, we are tentatively leaning toward one or the other unless something else comes along in the next four months. Beckett was the first name that came to mind when I began looking at boys names. I loved it immediately. I think it can sound like a nice strong jock name as a young kid but it can also sound like a big wig executive as he grows older too. Kellan came from the Twilight star "Kellan Lutz" who plays Emmett in the Twilight movies. I think it totally sounds unique and goes well when you say it as Brennen, Kenidi and Kellan. However, Brennen, Beckett, and Kenidi sound good too. As you might remember, his middle name will be my own Father's middle name (Anthony). We have to get our Italian heritage in there somewhere. LOL!

The other two names I had listed as options on facebook didn't even make the cut. You guys pretty much nixed those ASAP. I think maybe four of the 100+ people voted for one of them (which was Channing) and the other name got ZERO votes (which was Draven). Draven was beat up pretty badly with one person telling me that "friends don't let friends give their kids bad names." NO ONE liked that name at all. Funny thing is, I love it. I still do. And I love it even more so now that I know everyone else dislikes it. It's that "out of the box" - "wanting to be different" part of me that insists on being the rebel that I am by going against all of the favorite votes. ha ha! I'm a freak that way. Why be Normal, right? No other kid I know has the name Draven and I like that. :0) So...we'll see where we end up. We've got four months left to make a decision. I totally appreciate all of your input though. It really helped to hear why each of you did or did not like the names. It gave us some good insight into several things we hadn't thought of before. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us out and taking the time to give us your opinions. We truly appreciate it. Nothing like getting honest feedback from 100 and something people in a matter of hours regarding a baby name. The power of social networking is AMAYYYY.....ZZZIIINNNGGGG!

On another note, I'm laying in bed typing with warm compresses on my eyes because I just got back from the doctor this afternoon where they informed me that I have pink eye in both eyes. Oh joy! We are having fun now. And even better...the doc won't give me medicine for it because I'm pregnant. Now that is some REAL fun - no medicine for pink eye. BWWWAAAHHHH~! He told me I need to keep hot compresses on my eyes about 6 times a day over the next few days. I'm just completely slap happy over that, lemme' tell ya! Needless to say, I came home and left a voicemail for my OB nurse begging and pleading with her to give me a prescription if they can. The last thing I want to do is pass this on to Brent and the kids over the next few days if I don't have to. Anyway, I'm waiting on a call back from the OB to see if she is against the eye drop prescription like my family doc was. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get some sympathy here and she writes me something for it.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that I have just 7 seats left for my next photography class beginning August 1st. It is a beginner online photography class that lasts 4 weeks. If you'd like to register for one of those final seven seats or at least read more info as to what the class entails, click HERE. We'd love to have you join us. For now, I'm off to go soak up the Florida rain - in bed - with my hot compresses over my eyes like a freak - this afternoon. Between my big ol' pregnant belly and the green guk seeping from my blood shot eyes, I'm looking real sexy. Don't hate! I know you all want these beauty attributes too. hee hee!

Big pregnant belly hugs, Ang

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I don't know whether to feel guilty or pleased about the "friends don't let friends give their kids bad names" comment. Whatever, Beckett and Kellan are both very cool. Though not as cool as the chance to see your little guy via u/s. I will never stop being amazed at that technology.

7/15/2010 2:48 PM  
Blogger Angie Seaman said...

Ha ha Amy! No worries - don't feel guilty whatsoever. I thought your comment was quite funny actually. It always helps to get true opinions. Ya know? I wouldn't want people lying to me and telling me that they really LOVED it if they didn't. Thanks for being real sista'! :)

Angie

7/15/2010 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer Gill said...

Wow you had tons of feedback on those names, crazy! Hope you get better soon!

7/15/2010 3:00 PM  
Blogger katy said...

I like BOTH names...actually BOTH were ones I asked my hubby about for our new one to be, but he wouldn't go for either :-( Our kids names' are more traditional so I understant where he's coming from. But, if I had to choose between the to, hmmm, probably Kellan :-)

7/15/2010 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Erin Tebbe said...

I like the name Beckett, but wanted to share another. My pastor's son's name is Berkely. I love it because it makes me think of a free spirit! Praying for you.

7/15/2010 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Karen R said...

You poor thing! Pink eye sucks!

I've been thinking about another "B" name I like: Brecken. Just my $.02!

Get better, gur-fren!

7/15/2010 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Sarah W said...

I like Beckett better ONLY because I would bet that Kellan will get REALLY popular because of Kellan Lutz....and you want something origina! Our boy middle name will ALSO be Anthony as it is Aron's middle name and his grandpa's name too....I laughed when I saw the Italian heritage thing because we have been trying to ...find names that will do the same and the boy name options are not great....and I do not love them. :) Sorry about the pink eye. That sucks. I hate pink eye....

Ps. It is blazing hot here today and THIS means a re-emergence of the nausea...JUST when it was getting better, it gets super freaking hot out. BLECH! :)

7/15/2010 6:53 PM  
Anonymous Crystal Welsh said...

CONGRATS on the BOY Angie!!! That's very exciting... I can only imagine how excited Brennan is. I vote Beckett first and then Draven. I see Draven wasn't a popular vote among others but I'm right there with you on the different names. You should know considering I have a (almost) 2 year old Bentley. ;) I have to be hon...est, I was terrified to take that leap but so glad we did. I was mostly afraid because obviously it's a car... and I'm so not into that (and I don't want her to go through name calling) But I love it for the name. So far it has been a huge hit... everyone seems to love it and many people now have a future name for their child. I believe strongly that the child makes the name... you know?!

A good friend of mine has a daughter named Spencer, she is 15 and one of the most beautiful 15 year olds I have ever seen and super sweet... she has totally ROCKED that (boy) name and I think it's such a cute name now for a girl. I just love it. I say go for what name you like the most... no matter how different that boy of yours WILL definitely make it BIG!!!! =)

7/15/2010 6:54 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I have to say that I like Draven. Simply because I've never ever heard of it before. Plus, Draven Seaman sounds cool. Beckett is cute but it kinda reminds me of the word bucket. Channing and Kellan are both awesome, but there are movie stars with those names already. How is your little guy gonna be famous if his name has already been done? One other thing to think about...If you use Bucket, I mean Beckett, then you'll have 2 kids with a B name and one child will be left out. The same with Kellan. Gotta vote for Draven. Draven Seaman sounds like a stud and CEO of his own company. :-)

7/16/2010 9:08 PM  
Blogger CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

how about edward ...... or broody love that name

miss you miss hearing from you .... i tried facebooking you whats going on

7/22/2010 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AGD Blog Archives

Link to Us!

 

Copy code and paste in your blog where you would like button to be displayed.


Copyright © 2006-2008 Angelica Grace Designs | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design: Simply Creative | Graphics: PRESH Web Designs