Angelica Grace Designs Blog

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

WORDFUL WEDNESDAY

Just had to post this for all of my Hoosier friends. One of my Indiana friends emailed it to me and I had to thank her for the blog content. LOL! I hear it is pretty chilly back home in Indy. Don't hate though - it is pretty chilly here in Florida this week too. They have had a series of "cold fronts" recently and another one is upon us this week. It has been in the 50's and 60's recently. It is hysterical - and I do mean hysterical - to see the locals all bundled up in full fledged winter coats when it is 60 degrees here. Brennen and I got to laughing at the attire around town the other day because everyone was so wrapped up in these huge winter coats. Back home in Indy, when it is 60 degrees, that's like Spring time for us. So here I am, being an unfit mother and letting my child wear shorts to school while every other Floridian child is in jeans and winter down coats. Kenidi's school went so far as to send out a mass voicemail yesterday telling the families that they could wear jeans tomorrow due to the "cold." We cracked up. "Cold." 5 degrees is cold. Not 60. LOL! Either way, I am missing the normal 75-85 degree temps here. According to the weather man, we won't see that again until at least next Tuesday. My beach days are numbered until after that I guess. :(

Right now I have been concentrating on getting past the H1N1 junk, kicking the helldacious migraine it left me with (Thank you to my Indiana neurologist for coming thru with a prescription last night that will hopefully kick that), then helping my Mom look for an apartment/condo and a job down here, as well as kicking off the new Angie Seaman Photography class that began Monday. The class sold out once again over and above the my normal allotted seats. What a blessing all of you are! I am thrilled to be working with each of you and even more grateful for the new friendships being established thru this class. For those of you who missed this particular class, the next round of beginner photography classes start on March 1st. You can locate the sign ups via the "classes" link by clicking HERE for my website. Registration has already been opened up and is underway. Feel free to purchase your seat now. I'll be offering a weekly LIVE chat with these new classes that was never offered before with past classes. The chats will be a visual chat where you can see and hear me via your computer screen and headphones. I will also be able to hear you and ask questions you might have as we go along. I hope for the LIVE chats to be a great way to teach you how I post edit certain things. Good times ahead! Get your seat while you can.

And speaking of photography classes, I'm hoping to announce a BIG surprise for this year. A big surprise in the way of offering a weekend workshop - photography workshop - for beginners here in Naples, Florida. Details are still to come as I finalize my thoughts and plans for this sure to be fun filled event. I do know that it will be 1.5-2 days of shooting with live models around downtown Naples, urban sessions, and hands on teaching from me regarding how I shoot and why I shoot the way I do. The workshop will also have nightly beach sessions where we practice how to shoot on the beach as sunset falls behind us. In between all of that, we will have group break, lunch, and dinners where we discuss what we are learning and answer any open ended questions you might have along the way. So...until final details are announced, start saving your pocket change and plan ahead for a great weekend chalked full of photography and learning. I can honestly say that I've learned more via the workshops I've attended in person than I have any other way since beginning my photography journey. The workshops have been like "college" for me. Truly! I pray I can offer that same knowledge to each of you who might attend the workshop. (which is at this time - planned for the end of September 2010) Stay tuned...you DON'T want to miss the registration for this event. And for those who have attended my classes before, there will be a special discount just for you. YAY FUN!

For now, I'm off to eat dinner with my family and then get the kids wrapped up and ready for bed. Until the next post, enjoy your week.

xoxo, Angie

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Malisa said...

Ok-- I am so planning on coming to your weekend "college"! Aww! i think it would be awesome! Can't wait to hear m ore details.

1/07/2010 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

You’ve got your first 2 takers on your weekend workshop. My friend (you’ve answered questions from her before)from Texas and I are ready to book tickets. (as long as our husbands don’t try to veto costs :)

Class is great…although I have yet to get a picture to submit :) I guess I just need a trip to Florida this weekend :)

Lisa

1/07/2010 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

Hi Angie,

I am SO interested in your photography weekend!!!! Please let me know the deets as soon as you know! I would absolutely love to attend.

How are things? Think of you often and pray for you often.

Emily

1/07/2010 11:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda Rooney said...

Angie Seaman, you just made my day!! I'm so thrilled that you're going to offer a workshop!!!

After taking your class, I've often thought about contacting you to see if I could do some one-on-one, but never thought it would work out.

I'm soooo thrilled to hear that you're working on this!!! I absolutely can't wait to hear more of the details!!

It sounds like your family has really settled in! Hopefully I'll be visiting Naples soon! Never been there - sure it's a real TREAT!!

Thanks again for just making my day! Hope you have a super weekend!
Amanda Rooney

1/08/2010 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bookmarked this. Thanksgiving owing to you for sharing. Undoubtedly worth my time.

1/09/2010 5:06 PM  
Blogger Francisco Alba Real Estate Investor said...

I enjoyed your article and hope to enroll in your course in March.

1/10/2010 5:50 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Just had to say something after reading and laughing about your post. We moved from Kansas (brrrfreezing) to SoCal five years ago and would also laugh hysterically at the people wearing fur coats in the 50-60 degree winter. Well, five years later, now we're the wimps wearing the heavy coats when it's in the 50's! I guess your skin thins the longer you live near the beach!

1/11/2010 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AGD Blog Archives

Link to Us!

 

Copy code and paste in your blog where you would like button to be displayed.


Copyright © 2006-2008 Angelica Grace Designs | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design: Simply Creative | Graphics: PRESH Web Designs