Angelica Grace Designs Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

SUNSETS IN BONITA


We hit the beach for sunset while in Bonita this past weekend. Aside from some cloud cover that particular evening which ultimately took away from my sunset photos, it was a beautiful night. Of course neither of my children cooperated for any shots so I just shot things to be "shooting things." Story of my life with them these days. ;0)

Our Fall break get-a-way was gorgeous as always. It was in the high 80's and 90's while we were there. It's always funny to hear the Floridian locals complain about how hot it is when we've just come from thirty something degree temps. The locals say that they would love to have our rain, cool weather, and snow. The grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it? Let a true Floridian spend 2 weeks in our doom and gloom weather and I promise you that they will rethink Florida being "too hot." Ha ha! I mean how could you give up this...

for cooler weather and snow??? I don't think they could - when it came down to it - and push came to shove. I mean why would they want to. Really. Why???

The kids had a ball as always - on the beach. And like always, Kenidi caused a scene when it was time for us to leave. The entire crowd of onlookers, lined up like it was the 4th of July, were scared out of their beach chairs by her blood curdling screams. Yes, she again made it appear as though we were kidnapping her. Kidnapping her from the beach. From her sea of happiness. As I've said before, I can't say that I blame her. I'd throw a fit like that and have a melt down on the beach when having to leave as well if I could. If I did that though, I'm sure the onlookers would call the cops on me. No doubt! I'd be in a straight jacket the next day too. You all would be visiting me in an institution with 4 white walls. Somehow I'd manage to steal some paint and sketch a mural of the ocean on my white walled canvas though. I'm sure of that too. My Mom brought me a picture the other day that I had drawn back in middle school for art class. Guess what the drawing/picture was of? Yeap, a beach scene. We got to laughing and talked about how I've been obsessed with palm trees, sand, and the sea since a young girl - since way back - and how that scene is even more ingrained in me as an adult now. Clearly my kids are the same way...(playing with some photoshop actions below)



I read somewhere recently where the ocean is "intoxicating." When I read that, the only thing that came to mind was WOW! It is "intoxicating." So, so, true. I become drunk in the white wave caps every time that I'm there. And if there is ever such thing as an addict or someone truly addicted to the beach, it is definitely me. I walk around totally intoxicated by its beauty each time I'm there. The feeling never wears off - no matter how many times I have or haven't seen it. The sound of the crashing waves and the feeling of warm, sun drenched shoulders, is something that always leaves you wanting more. I have an addiction that cannot be cured. I will never be able to sober up and I'm OK with that. Totally OK with it.

And when I get older, I hope and pray with every fiber of my being that I'm somewhere near a beach so that I can do this every night that I so choose...

God's presence cannot be denied when sitting next to the sea. It just can't. And it is in those moments, with God, me, and the sea...that I feel most empowered. Most healed. Most driven. Most strong. Most intelligent. Most motivated. Most comforted. Realigned and ready to conquer the world. It is via God and the sea that I've found my ability to recharge, clear my head, and press on. This trip was no different. This I know for sure...God has HUGE plans for our family of four. For me. I feel a tug again. A big tug. An emotional tug. One that will test my tear ducts to the core soon. Very soon. In the end, I know God is holding my hand and opening doors for me, for us - our family of four - that only he wants opened. I'm not in control. We aren't in control. Never have been really. And truthfully...I don't want to be. I've given up all control and laid it at "His" feet. I cried to a dear friend on the phone today when she referenced that she "doesn't know how I do it." My response...with God...and only God. I couldn't do it without him and don't know how others get thru life without him. It breaks my heart to think about how many are actually walking around without him. As Jasmine Star said today (one of my favorite photographers of all time), "Today I plan to make yesterday jealous. And tomorrow, I'll make today jealous." That my friends...is my new motto in life.

Looking forward to the months ahead and all of the exciting changes God is about to throw our way...Angie

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your beach pictures.

I feel the same way about the beach. I know that I will always feel better/more relaxed when I'm at the beach. I wonder sometimes how I'd handle it if I didn't live near the sea.

10/26/2009 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Mommy said...

Hey Angie, Thanks for wrecking my make-up at work! That was so beautifully written, and so true! You know you are probably a little closer to the reality of the Lord because you truly are an Angel that slid out of heaven to come down and make my life worth living-----------and to check out the beach! I can almost feel the warmth of the sun and the spray off the ocean through your beautiful pictures. I am sorry that my baby girl has been crying, I wish I could take all the pain away, but it is the pain that pushes you sometimes, to go beyond the comfort zone, into the unknown where adventure like you would have never experienced awaits! Just always remember "The Footprints in the Sand" God will be there to carry my little Angel when she is to tired to walk. I love you baby girl!

10/26/2009 10:12 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I agree, how can anyone question whether there is a God when you see his creations! I love to take my bible down to the ocean early in the morning when we are vacationing in Destin! Love your photos.
Pam

10/26/2009 11:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Awesome awesome awesome!!!! Love it!!! And so true. Funny how we want what we don't have sometimes...instead of enjoying every moment of it...growing up in FL for 25 years and being so close I longed for mountains, change of seasons, snow...now that I am away from the ocean, oh how I miss it so!!!

However, I am enjoying every minute of this "change" I am experiencing...and loving it!!!

Thanks for the gorgeous pics!

10/27/2009 12:21 AM  
Anonymous Ani said...

That is some beautiful writing and as always I am impressed by your photos, but I have a favor to ask.

Since you understand what it's like to have a special needs child and you do not approve of the words people use in jest, like "retard," may I ask that you not make fun of people with metal illness?

I understand you meant it to be funny, and in a way it did explain your love for the seaside. But...
I have a many close family members who struggle with mental illness, so it stung a little bit.

Wimpy of me? Maybe. But I have to ask for your sensitivity. Also, I get that it's your blog, so you are free to do as you choose!

Thanks,
Ani

10/27/2009 8:32 AM  
Blogger Angie Seaman said...

Ani,

I am so very sorry that you took that comment about me ending up in an institution as "making fun of those with mental illness." I must assure you first and foremost that I would NEVER "make fun" of anyone and I am saddened that you experienced my writings as such. I was merely giving an illustration of how people would think I was crazy if I thru myself on the ground as an adult and had a melt down because I don't like to leave the beach, just as Kenidi doesn't. If anything, I was making fun of myself and how I could truly do such a thing if society would allow me. :) I truly had no intentions of offending you or anyone else with my word picture of sorts.

You are right...it is my blog and I will write as I wish. However, I would never want to hurt anothers feelings intentionally. I will be more careful in the future of how I write and help you guys visualize my feelings as you read. In the end though, I hope when you come here and read things about me being nuts, crazy, etc. that you don't take that as me bashing those with a mental illness. I'm merely poking fun of myself. I want to be sensitive of others feelings but I also don't want to walk a tight rope with my writings when I'm trying to express my emotions as they pertain to me. I hope this makes sense.

I value your input and opinion tremendously. Again, I'm sorry that me poking fun of myself made you feel as though I was attacking people with a mental illness. That was soooooo not the case. I apologize for any "sting" that left you with though and will be more aware in the future.

Blessings, Angie

10/27/2009 8:56 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Love these pictures! Speaking of change, this year has taken us in a complete new direction, kinda of like a total 360 actually. And we have nothing but thanks to give to God for leading us in this new direction to do his work and will. Yes change is a great thing, even if God makes your life do a 360! Have a happy Tuesday!
~Molly P

10/27/2009 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this post. So real. So right. Im also stealing that quote. LOL
Keep on Keeping on girl.
Emily

10/27/2009 3:20 PM  
Anonymous maria said...

What a beautiful post. I got goosebumps reading it. God does have a plan for your family and for you. And it's gonna be amazing:)

10/27/2009 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

WOw! Love this post! I will pray for your family as it seems you must be getting ready for yet another move! I love how you said God is in control! He truly blesses those who follow him!

Blessings!

10/27/2009 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Mommy said...

Angie, I know you would never intentially make fun of anyone, much less someone with Mental Illness, since my Mother suffered from it most of her life. I know we just don't think sometimes when we say things, but I have done it to, so I guess it's good that people keep us on our toes. Thank You for being such a sensitive young lady.xoxoxo

10/28/2009 3:58 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Whatever the future holds for your sweet family, I wish you many blessings! I love these beautiful pictures!!

10/29/2009 1:06 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Inspired again by your photos and also by your words. Looking forward to a little fall vacation myself to Sanibel Island in a couple of weeks. Hope you left some warm weather in Florida for this Iowa girl!
Gina

11/02/2009 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AGD Blog Archives

Link to Us!

 

Copy code and paste in your blog where you would like button to be displayed.


Copyright © 2006-2008 Angelica Grace Designs | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design: Simply Creative | Graphics: PRESH Web Designs