Angelica Grace Designs Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW DAY

The kids and I are thankful today for 6:30am automated phone calls from the school Superintendent saying, "Stay home...it's a snow day!" Brennen immediately began to ping off the walls and ask "What are we going to do today, Mom, what are we going to do?"
Uh...go back to bed maybe...

Needless to say, that wasn't an option. Mom duties call. I have requests for hot Coco Wheats for breakfast. Ever had them? If you haven't, then run to your nearest grocery store and grab a box to make like right now. My aunt got me hooked on those as a young girl and I'm still obsessed with them all these years later. Now my kids beg for them too. I'm off to start making those as well as plan my attack on that snow outside with Big Papa in hand. I am bound and determine to get pictures of the kids out in this nasty white stuff today. We got 11" overnight last night with more falling as we speak. This is the most snow I remember getting in Indiana in a really long time.

Oh dear parents of ours...Dad, Cathy, Mom, Deb and Ron...you guys ready to pack up and move to Florida with Brent, myself, and the kids yet? The beach is calling...all of us. :) Brent cracked me up last night when he said that the only thing holding him in Indy & keeping him from moving us to the beach at this moment is Kenidi's teacher. We feel like she is such a good fit for our little "Keester" that we'd never want to pull Kenidi away from her or that classroom. Alison, I don't know whether to thank you or be mad at you now. Ha ha - Keeping us from the beach and all. :) Just kidding. Would you consider packing up and moving with us if we ever did? You know?...you, your husband, that new baby to be, etc. We'll make it a fun journey. We promise! :) Ha ha! All in a perfect world, eh?

Thank goodness for snow days to make it all a little easier to stomach. I guarantee you Florida isn't getting a snow day today. I think I'd rather scratch the snow days and live by the beach instead. What do you guys think? xoxoxo, Ang

PS...Due to the kids being home from school today, eBays 2nd round of listings will be put on hold until tomorrow - possibly Friday. I'm going to spend the day with my kiddo's rather than sorting thru clothes, photographing, and then listing them in auctions. More are coming - hang tight.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Angie, Brennen, and Kenidi,

Have a FUN day in the snow!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day out of school!!!

Love!
Rhonda

1/28/2009 9:55 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Girl, we all LOVE CoCo Wheats too! And, get this, the CoCo Wheats factory is right here in the city where I live. The factory has a giant box of Coco Wheats on top of it.

We don't have school today, either, but we didn't get nearly 11inches. I think we maybe got 5. Of course, it's still coming down, so that could change.

Enjoy your day off!

1/28/2009 10:23 AM  
Blogger Angie Seaman said...

Jill, I can't believe you live right by the COCO WHEATS factory. That is too funny. I seriously love those things. It has taken me years to get the consistency just right - the way we like it - because the boxes instructions leave them runny in my opinion. So...we improvise and add a bit more coco wheats with less milk and such. Glad someone else I know loves them too. Best hot breakfast EVAH!! Hugs, Angie

1/28/2009 10:43 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hey Angie!! I am looking to buy my husband a camera and need your advice. Two summers ago he started taking pictures with our digital Samsung camera and he fell in love. I know he wants to upgrade but I wasn't sure what to look for. If this helps he likes taking pictures of old buildings, nature and other stuff like that. If you have any advice it would be appreciated. Hope you enjoyed the snow, its rained here for two days straight YAY, not :).
~Molly P

1/28/2009 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMmmmm. I was thinking about CoCo Wheats just the other day! I love to sprinkle sugar on the top and wait a few minutes to let it get kind of "crusty."

I didn't have any CCW, so I made steel cut oatmeal with walnuts, dried cranberries and apples. Of course, there was cinnamon and brown sugar.

Good day to stay inside. yeah, yeah, I'll be doin' some sewin'...
on my "favorite."

1/28/2009 1:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

No snow day here today; but I would love one...so I can have the day off and play in the snow...we always want what we dont' have don't we!!! LOL

1/28/2009 4:29 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

No snow day here either, however we did have an ice day.. All we got were a couple hours late to school. But for Texas that's shocking! Looks like ya'll had an amazing day!

1/29/2009 1:26 AM  
Blogger Kristine McKowen said...

Coco Wheats looks very interesting. Never heard of it - must not be a New Jersey thing.

Now I will have to start hunting in the grocery stores for it.

1/29/2009 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angie~

I got such a kick out of this post...I'm in!!!! ;) ;)

Alison

1/29/2009 12:46 PM  
Blogger Angie Seaman said...

Oh good Alison...I'll call Brent and tell him right now. When do we start packing? HA HA!

Thanks for being so fun! :)
Hugs, Ang

1/29/2009 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I ate COCO Wheats yesterday morning for breakfast. Yummy. I also like Malto-Meal. Hey, what ever happened to the girls day/night things you all were planning for the future? Just wondering because I haven't heard anything new on it.
Christina ( a preemie mom)

1/29/2009 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AGD Blog Archives

Link to Us!

 

Copy code and paste in your blog where you would like button to be displayed.


Copyright © 2006-2008 Angelica Grace Designs | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design: Simply Creative | Graphics: PRESH Web Designs