Angelica Grace Designs Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

SCARF TYING

If there is one thing I've become obsessed with in the past year (since the Winter of 2007), it is scarves. It could be 90 degrees outside and I'm still always inevitably COLD. Therefore, not only do I love accessorizing with scarves, I love that they help me feel warm. I'm bad about wearing a huge winter coat so most times I will sport a scarf and run in and out of -9 degree weather with just a scarf and no coat. Anyone who knows me and runs around with me in real life can attest to this. Now, don't get me wrong, I love jackets and coats that are light weight, cute, trendy, etc. In fact, some women have a shoe obsession, my obsession would be coats and jackets. However, I detest big puffy winter coats. I feel like the Michelin man girl or the big stay puff marshmallow man girl from Ghostbusters when wearing puffy winter coats. And maybe even "Bob Gregory's kid." (Only my fellow life long Indiana Hoosiers will get that one-small inside joke. Showing my age a little here.). Therefore, I just don't. I don't usually wear winter coats. So...Que' scarf. Love them! Love them! Love them! However, I have found that many of you are like I was when I began wearing scarves. Initially, I had no idea how to actually wear one. I looked like nothing short of a dork lackin' scarf tying skillz' whenever I attempted to accessorize with one. Magazines were horrible about trying to teach you and no one else offered any help either. Thank God for google, eh?

So...in an effort to help those of you who would love to wear a scarf but feel as though you too, look like a dork lackin' the tying skillz'...I have posted a "how to" video when it comes to this wonderful and oh so cheap accessorizing tool. You really can't go wrong with a scarf. There are so many adorable yet inexpensive scarfs out there now days that can transform an outfit from so geek to ssoosooooooo chic'! (Remember that line from the movie "Can't buy me love?" - Come on now...help me show my age here again.) You can use a scarf with the blandest and most plain tee's or you can dress up a gorgeous sweater with jeans. Really, scarfs just ROCK!

I picked this tutorial video because I felt it was the best of the best that I found. Some of the video's out there were just not detailed enough or only offered 3 or 4 different tying styles. Quantity was key here. Only the best for my blog readers! :)

So, I hope you enjoy this. Let me know if it helped you like the old one helped me initially. And... as a tid bit of information regarding the tying techniques she shows on the video, #2 is MY all time fav. LOOOVVEEESSS it! (not stage 2 but the actual 2nd one she shows in the tutorial)Classy, jackie-o looking, and definitely reminds me of my friend Audrey. You know...Audrey Hepburn? The #2 that she shows on the video is wayyyyyy Hepburn-esque in my opinion. I also love the one right after that when she says "stage 2" that she shows where you knot one side and put the other side into the knot and let it hang. Almost like a necklace. Fun, fun, fun! That one is great for plain ol' tee's and jeans. Enjoy!

Much love, Ang

PS...Make sure to pause my music in the playlist box at the bottom of this page before coming back up here to push play on this video.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I love them too but frankly had no clue how to tie them; thanks for posting this!

1/19/2009 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Oh did you get this idea from Bring the Rain blog? She had posted asking another girl to do a post on how to do a scarf!

Great idea!

1/19/2009 6:49 PM  
Blogger Angie Seaman said...

Nope...but too fun. I went and checked hers out after reading your comment. So funny! She has some other lady doing a video whom I'm not familiar with. Great minds think alike, eh? Ha ha! :) While there I caught up on her blog and saw she had posted a video of Audrey Caroline's birth. Oh my gawssshhhh..someone get me stock in Kleenex's now. I'm an absolute mess after watching that. So sad!

Angie

1/19/2009 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I always need help with fun trends like scarves!!!
Nicole Ryan

1/19/2009 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

AGD Blog Archives

Link to Us!

 

Copy code and paste in your blog where you would like button to be displayed.


Copyright © 2006-2008 Angelica Grace Designs | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design: Simply Creative | Graphics: PRESH Web Designs