Angelica Grace Designs Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE

Today is my Mother in law's birthday. Happy Birthday Debbie! We hope it has been the best day ever thus far and that after reading this post, it will get even better. :)As most of you already know or can tell...I adore my Mother-in-law. She truly is the best ever. I thank my lucky stars for being blessed in life with such a phenomenal woman whom I have loved and admired from the day I first met her-almost 20 years ago. Her grace, charm, affection, beauty, and faith in God are like no other. I always describe Deb as "the next closest thing to Christ here on this earth" because she is so perfect to us in every way.

We were having a hard time determining what to get you this year for your birthday Debbie. Until Saturday night that is. On Saturday evening, Deb was complimenting me on my photos that I had taken of the kids last week in front of that old graffiti'ed up barn. I shared those impromptu shots here with all of you on the blog late last week. (See posts below this one) When admiring those photographs of the kids, she said how great it would be if I could take Brennen and Kenidi down to her parents farm and take snap some shots of them there. She made one reference that stuck out in my mind from the second she said it. She said how much the "lane leading up to her parents home" meant to her. She said that the "lane" held a special place in her heart after all of these years.
Here is that lane. Here is her parents home. Her home growing up - just as she remembers it.
I ran the idea of going to the farm by Brent late yesterday morning. He was immediately all for it. The farm itself is about an hour away from us. However, it was a gorgeous evening and well worth the trip there and back. Deb even called and invited us over for dinner when we were on our way out there. We were Mum though. We were on a mission-a secret mission to capture shots of the kids on & around the land that Debbie holds so dear to her heart. Shhhhh....it was a surprise.
Great Grandma Esther still lives on the farm - in the old family farm house. However, she is days away from moving out of it. Although the home will stay in the family, she is moving closer to town after all of these years. Unfortunately, Great Grandpa Dale is no longer with us. His memory lives on in so many of these photographs though. ABOVE: I loved this candid shot of Brent pointing and showing the kids the woods that he and his cousins used to play in when he was a little boy. Brent told us many stories yesterday but my favorites ones were of him describing and reflecting back on how he used to - in his own words - "explore every nook and cranny" of that property as a youngin'.
Like Brent, Brennen loves going to visit the farm. He has fond memories of his Uncle Phil taking him for rides on the combine as they worked the fields. He remembers his cousins raising and entering cows from there in the local fair. He loves talking about riding the golf cart with Great Grandpa Ramsey when he'd visit. He has truly fallen in love with this land - just as Brent did - in his short 9 years of life.


Not only is the land itself a little boys dream but it is also a photographers paradise. It houses so many old barns, silo's, farm equipment, animals, etc., that you can't stop running from one back drop to the next. We literally could have kept shooting all night long. There was so much to capture in this gorgeous location. ABOVE: Kenidi pumping the old well in front of Great Grandma Esther's doorstep.
ABOVE & BELOW: Kenidi having meltdown #1 and meltdown #2 at the end of the night.
Oh and meltdown #3 shown below....
ABOVE: This was just a piece of equipment that caught my eye while there. Don't ask me why. Something about the lines and the architecture of it summoned "Razzi" and I to it.


ABOVE: Kenidi loves all kinds of animals. The cows were no different. They actually had one in the barn ready to give birth at any moment when there. Now that moment would have been a "Kodak moment" for sure had we been privileged enough to encounter it. Farm life - God's creations. God's fingerprints everywhere.
Whatchu' talkin' bout' Willis???


ABOVE: The kids on Great Grandpa's old golf cart


By the time the rest of you are reading and seeing this, Debbie should be seeing it too. We are headed to her house this evening for a birthday dinner and plan to show her this update on the computer while there. I've printed some of our favorites off for her in larger sizes so that she can frame them. Debbie...Brent and I pray that this day was as special to you as you are to all of us. We love you so very much.

Brent, Ang, Brennen, & Kenidi

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Moore said...

so sweet!! love those pictures!! pictures do make the perfect gift!!

5/26/2008 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still speechless after receiving such an incredibly touching and personal gift as these pictures. I am weeping as I look at this.... I really can't put into words how much these mean to me. Maybe even more so since my Mom is moving from the farm. It just holds such precious memories. Then to have Brent and Brennen and Kenidi in the pictures....and I'm so touched that you would go to all that extent for me. Angie, you are such a phenomenal photographer and more importantly, so dear and special to me. I can't thank you enough!

The pictures also remind me of my sweet Dad who I miss very much. Every building and every inch of land there on the farm still are a reminder of him.

I love you all, and thank you so much for making my birthday so special!

5/26/2008 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I should say...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE
Second... awesome pictures Angie. How thoughtful of you. What a priceless gift. The memories will last forever.

Melissa

5/26/2008 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so you are seriously starting your own photography business right??!! Oh my! You are an amazing photographer Angie! WOW!

~Rachel M.

5/26/2008 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Those pictures are great, Angie.

Can I just say that Kenidi looks GORGEOUS!!!! (of course Brent and Brennan look great, too)
Love the meltdown shots! ha.

Happy Birthday Debbie! You don't look a day older than when I last saw you nearly 20 years ago and still appear to exude that same calming grace!

Melissa (Sedam) Roark

5/27/2008 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO hiring you if I ever need a photographer.

5/27/2008 5:57 PM  
Blogger Angie Seaman said...

Thanks for all of the compliments on the pictures girls. I truly appreciate it. It was such fun! We are so glad that they hit home with Debbie and that she likes them. Have a great week!
Angie

5/27/2008 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AGD Blog Archives

Link to Us!

 

Copy code and paste in your blog where you would like button to be displayed.


Copyright © 2006-2008 Angelica Grace Designs | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design: Simply Creative | Graphics: PRESH Web Designs