Angelica Grace Designs Blog

Thursday, June 05, 2008

FIXING TO HEAD OUT...

Well, I am currently packing and headed out for a girls trip early tomorrow morning. I'm going with some of my dearest girlfriends from highschool. There will be 5 of us going and we are headed here....
To a lake in Northern Indiana where one of my girlfriends grandparents owns a lake house. It's about 3 hours away from where we live. We plan to get our fix of girlie chick flick movies, games, fun in the sun, long late night chats on the deck and....
plenty of this while there too.....BOATING!
We are praying that Di (Diahann) doesn't kill us while out on the lake but hey - why start thinking negative now. Ha ha! You might want to send up some prayers for us. Although I was familiar with boating back before Brent and I had kids, it has been years since I've pulled, drove, maneuvered one, etc. Therefore, keep your fingers crossed for us girls that Di has been practicing her boating skills. :)
Also, this is the first time I've left my kids overnight in about 3 years. The last and only time I did that was with Brent when I used to do a yearly Chicago girls trip. I haven't done it since then and I'm having a hard time cutting the apron strings this weekend. I know they are fine with Daddy but I just cannot stand being away from them for longer than a couple of hours at a time. My heart aches terribly when I am.
Lastly, please keep your fingers crossed for us on Sunday. Our neighborhood is doing a huge open house with all of the home owners that have their homes for sale in here. It's basically going to be like a parade of homes tour for the ones that are listed and on the market to sell. We pray that a buyer might come through and like what they see on Sunday.

In the meantime, I'll be blogging from the lake with the girls. I most likely won't blog again until Friday night (tomorrow evening) but I will be blogging. I've got the lap top packed and ready to go. What fun - what fun! Off to go finalize my bags...
Hugs, Angie

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie,

Have a WONDERFUL Time!!!! We are going to the beach on Saturday for a week, but will be checking your blog from there! Have fun!!

Love,
Bailee

6/05/2008 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its hard leaving the kids, isn't it! I feel the same way! Enjoy yourself and have a little extra fun for me!

Kathy in TN

6/05/2008 7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the apron strings. I always feel so badly when I leave my kids that I end up worrying the whole time I am gone only to return to the stresses of life wishing I had another vacation!!!
Enjoy yourself!
Rach

6/05/2008 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A parade of homes, huh?? With the temps they are predicting for this weekend, I should head over to your neighborhood and have a stand to sell ICE COLD beverages! Too bad I'm not really up to it, and I have "other" things I need to do! HAHA!!

Have a blast on your fun weekend. Tell Brent he can call on me for backup, if needed!

Karen

6/05/2008 10:35 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Have fun, I can't leave my kids at this point yet + my wonderful husband would be exhausted for a week when I came home. Enjoy your time, you deserve it!!

6/06/2008 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time, and keep an eye on the weather this evening!

6/06/2008 3:10 PM  
Blogger Dancing Queen said...

Man, did I get behind on your blog!

Have an incredible weekend w/your friends...what fun!

Your jewelry designs on absolutely gorgeous! You are one talented soul!

Enjoy, enjoy & take in the sun!

6/07/2008 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AGD Blog Archives

Link to Us!

 

Copy code and paste in your blog where you would like button to be displayed.


Copyright © 2006-2008 Angelica Grace Designs | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design: Simply Creative | Graphics: PRESH Web Designs